Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My Email To Racist Anti Obama Florida Sheriff

Dear Sheriff Scott,

It is my understanding that most police departments require that their officers remove their uniforms when they are going to participate in personal political activities. As Sheriff of Lee County you apparently don't adhere to this type of conduct as you demonstrated by your open support of the Republican Party and Sarah Palin at a recent rally in your county.

It is unfortunate that you have used your office to promote partisan, and I might add what could be considered to be racist or religiously bias activities. We all know what you mean when you invoke Barack Obama's middle name. This type of activity, whether you realize it or not, reflects badly on you and your community. I believe that most reputable law enforcement agencies would go out of their way to be impartial when they are representing the community, which you were doing by wearing your uniform.

Your activities are a throwback to the stereotypical idea of the Southern Sheriff using his office and power in the community for partisan or even racial bias interests. You also do the uniform you wear as a law enforcement officer a disservice by appearing to be other than impartial or even more significantly playing the role of a person promoting hate moungering or race baiting.

I worked in law enforcement for over 25 years before I retired. I have a brother who served as a police officer for 30 years. So I believe I have some standing when it comes to such things.

Whether you realize it or not, I think you have embarrassed your community and the office you hold and you should, at the very least, make a public apology before your consider resigning your position.

Sincerely,
Daniel O'Brien
Vashon, WA

Note: Chick here if you like to send your own email to this nitwit.

No comments:

Post a Comment