Taking one for the team, Cheney supporter and hunting partner and good Republican Henry Whittington, the Austin Texas Lawyer Cheney blasted, is probably beside himself because it would be inappropriate to sue the VP for negligence, pain and suffering.
The VP apparently claimed he was embarrassed by the whole incident. Now, perhaps he has an inkling of how Americans feel about the policies of this administration. To me it demonstrates the gang that couldn’t shoot straight, Laurel and Hardy world that apparently constitutes this administration’s inter-sanctum.
The administration strategically delayed the release of the facts surrounding the incident for 24 hours. Demonstrating the now well-known Cheney and Bush Administration approach of attempting to damage control a negative story and represent the events, in their perception, in the best possible light.
I just shot my hunting partner in the face with buckshot but it’s really not that bad or out of the ordinary. It could happen to anybody! Something a Vice President of the United States does all the time. What's for dinner Martha?
I want to know if alcohol was involved and all the other obvious questions that seem unanswered in reports on the incident. For god’s sake, if it were Ted Kennedy or Clinton you’d bet the Republican control Senate would be calling for a Congressional investigation.
Cheney is generally considered to be the real power behind the throne in the administration. It’s not difficult to connect the dots and see that many of the policies that the Bush administration has put into play have come from the bungling curmudgeon mind of Dick Cheney. While always acting like he is above reproach.
The weekend hunting accident I think just reinforces the overall systemic Marx brother’s movie that this government and Cheney's real life really represents.
Need I remind you. Here is a ruff list of known administration screw-ups:
- Accidentally shooting top political contributor
- Hurricane Katrina response
- Discredited Medicare Prescription Drugs program
- 8 billion mostly unaccounted for in Iraq
- Unfunded no child left behind
- Palestine in control of Hamas
- Misusing Armed Forces and breaking he military
- Halliburton scandals
- Not connecting the dots prior to 9/11
- Letting Osama Bin Laden escape Tora Bora
- Social Security Reform
- Ignoring Climate Change warnings
- Alienating America’s Allies
- Abu Grub
- Allowing Torture of enemy combatants
- NSA domestic Spying abuses
- 300 Billion cost of war on Terror in Iraq and Afghanistan
- No alternative energy policy
- Attack on the Environmental protections
- Tax breaks for the rich
- Record Federal Deficits
- Plame leak Scandal
- Cronyism in key government job appointments
- Dysfunctional Immigration Policies and open borders
- Lack of real healthcare reform
- Abramoff scandal
Cheney often plays the tough guy. He likes people to perceive him as sort of a man’s man. Even though he was apparently not willing to take on the responsibility of serving his country in a time of war. Using family connections and influence to get a deferment. I have often thought that he is really a fear filled person who probably in real life sleeps with a night-light. Most of these macho types are the ones who are really full of fear is my theory. Only playing the tough guy role to hide the underlying terrors about not being able to actual pull it off. It is my belief this is why fear so permeates this administration’s policies. Perhaps they are the ones who are the most fearful of us all.
So we live under a government ruled by fear and it's by-product incompetence.