Sunday, October 24, 2010

Green Goddess Shills For General Electric

This video appears to be going viral. I like the woman's intention, acting and enthusiasm. It seems all sweet fun and so now. She very good at trying to get us all to be green by helping her win the big GE sponsored contest. But, I have that funny feeling in my stomach that general electric really isn't that interested in greenness.

They are more interested in the time honored public relations ploy that makes us think they actually care about the environment when it probably is really an afterthought. The video got that BP oil spill smelling stink about it. Alone on it's face the green goddess makes a compelling argument to join in the fun. I guess by posting the video I'm actually helping her with her shilling. It's a great example of how we all get co-opted no matter how much we try to avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment