Friday, April 11, 2008

"Who Won't Just Tell You What You Want To Hear..."

Everything Barack said matches the same thing I personally experienced in rural East Texas when I was there working on his campaign prior to the Texas primary. Except the people actually do vote overwhelmingly there FOR Bush in spite of their situation. A couple of times when I thought it was safe enough to have a exchange with a group of them I'd ask why they would continue to vote for people who really don't have their interest at heart. It's was baffling to me.

It's bend over and take it in the ass and then be the good old boy that your are and climb down off your compost pile and go vote for me at the polls. So I can stick it to you for another four years. Here's the Obama quote:
"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania (or Texas) and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
These poor white folks in East Texas come back was Barack Hussein Obama was going to take their guns away or that he was a Muslim or that he didn't wear a lapel pin or that he wouldn't swear on the bible, or that Muslims were all terrorists, or he's for abortion, or he going to not protect our border, or some mostly wacky wedge issue bullshit out of left field crap along those lines. It's not important I guess that I can't find even a fucking minimum wage job around here. Or that the trailer has a hole in the roof I can't afford to fix. Or that I can't seem to find the meaning of life or what I'm really looking for at the Walmart, local McDonald's, liquor store or meth dealer.

Awe shit I'll just throw another beer can on the pile in the front yard in front of the doublewide. One rather reasonable couple told me that he voted "conservative" because "down here we go to church". I told him that in the North some people thought it was impolite to wear religion on ones sleeve and that they went to church too and people believe in god everywhere, not just in the south. He then ask me. "did I know if Obama was really a Muslim". Like I had some inside information to confirm his suspicions based on something he seen on the FOX Network.

As I see it what Obama said here is the kind of truth telling we need. Something that your supposedly not suppose to say in overly PC uptight America. Now Hillary and McCain will try and twist and spin it into something else entirely. Obama's an elitist or condescending so on and so forth with normal media feeding frenzy and it's always funny how these "stories" seem first to appear on Drudge and the content starved so called legitimate press turns in to something rivaling the novel War and Peace.

How a black man raised by a single white mother who worked organizing poor people for a better portions of his life could be elitist is going to call for a real spin job by the likes of Clinton, the atypical east coast snob pandering liberal elitist, or McCain, who's job is fucking the working class poor with every breath he takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment