Friday, September 28, 2007

Sixties Goddess Brigitte Bardot Turns 73

Much of my puberty was spend dreaming about BB. When I was 21 in 1968 I actually traveled to Cannes on military leave from Germany in hopes of somehow capturing a glimpse of her at the beach or walking the seawall. Cannes was not as well known then. It seemed quite possible. I spent two weeks there. Alas I never did see her. But I did run into Ed Sullivan while having a drink in the bar at the Carlton Hotel.

Bardot represented the near perfect woman to me for many reasons. Beautiful, rebellious and free, a true iconoclast and role model for all women of that period. Never much for publicity or glamour she led a reclusive life and became better known for her great love of animals then her film career as she got older.

Bridget Bardot

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:58 AM

    Gads, got Ed Sullivan instead of BB. Talk about the opposite end of the spectrum from what you were hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:30 PM

    I wish I would have lived in the 60's in my youth; instead I get the technology era, where the music is horrible and communicating orally is becoming rare

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB. The sexiest possible woman, Pouty face great body, incredible legs and frequently barefoot. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete