Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Retirees Pension Funds Take Huge Hit

Am I on my way to Hooverville? I'm retired and living off my Washington State public employees retirement fund pension. I was happy to learn that yesterday the fund took a $130 million loss due to the Lehman failure. Plus my home mortgage is held my WAMU. Oh Shit!

I'm sure this is happening to retirees funds all over the country both public and private. I'm a exception to the rule but, you probably know one of the biggest supporters of McCain is the over 50 demographic group. I think many of the white folks over 50 have a hangup about voting for a black man. Maybe the economic crisis will help them overcome their racism. So when will the over 50 crowd wake up and realize that we can't afford four more years of Republican economics?

No comments:

Post a Comment